Sunday 15 December 2013

The first two done! FF#32 and FF#33

FF 32: To run 40 miles in my birthday week

Days which begin with a good run seldom go wrong and I hope the same is true of years which start with a good run.

My running coach, Angie Spencer, set me the challenge of running 40 miles in my birthday week and running 20 miles on my birthday. Over the course of the week I ran 20 miles - 8 on Monday, 8 on Wednesday (including 4 miles of hill repeats!) and 4 on Thursday, leaving another 20 to run on my birthday.

Saturday mornings are my 'long run' slot, but rarely do I run 20 miles - I've run three marathons and in total I've run 20 miles in training five times. I got up at 5am and after a glass of milk and a spoonful of peanut butter I was on the way by 0530, with my iPod (Wittertainment, Marathon Training Academy and assorted pop tunes), a cheese stick, water bottle and a small packet of pine nuts. 

It was an excellent run, although lack of oxygen in my brain must have been to blame for my lack of distance awareness and I ended up running 22 miles!


FF 33: duet at karaoke with my lovely husband

My lovely husband is a karaoke regular but we've only been to karaoke together a handful of times, and I can't remember that we've ever done a duet (that's not to say we haven't - we don't get out much together so sometimes I get a bit drunk when we go out...). He's always so enthusiastic when he talks about karaoke that I feel left out, and I've never been to either of Edinburgh's karaoke venues with private rooms. So for my birthday he booked a room at Supercube and we had two fantastic hours there with the kids, my mum and her partner. We had a great time - the kids adored it and sang their hearts out!

And here's the evidence for FF33 - it's better from about 1:28. The singing never actually gets any better, only the lighting.


No comments:

Post a Comment